View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,045 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2024 at 05:40 PM

I agree with the others, I've never seen employees have luck with this either, unfortunately. I worked at this place where my department had really high turnover due to a terrible manager. We were always short staffed because someone had quit or been fired. And when someone was replaced, they took time to get up to speed. Somehow, they still expected us to maintain the same targets as when fully staffed, which wasn't possible. Some people found ways to cheat to make it look like they were doing more projects. Of course, that whole situation led to more people stressing out and leaving, or getting fired because of not meeting impossible targets.

It was a disaster for morale, but our department head's manager was not at all receptive to discussing it. It seemed like they decided that making us individual contributors take the fall for everything instead of the awful boss was better. Although, I think longer term, it made less and less economic sense for the business to have this constant staff turnover and overwork. She'd been there a while and would have gotten more severance than a newer worker. But still, it would probably have been better to take the one-time hit than continue as it was.

Last edited by rechu; Apr 08, 2024 at 07:21 PM..
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NatalieJastrow

Thanks for this!
Molinit, NatalieJastrow