View Single Post
LadyShadow
Wanderer of Distant Stars

Member Since May 2012
9,569 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 08, 2024 at 08:17 PM

Thank you so much for your insights, @eskielover - you always bring a unique perspective that I really appreciate.

That's such a beautiful quote, @TheGal !

I appreciate the compliment so much @Tart Cherry Jam - I'm glad you're back, I've missed you : )

So, I haven't posted back on this thread because I backtracked. I ended up reaching out to my husband on a Google Voice number on Friday because I really needed a reassuring voice, after such a hard day at work. I needed advice that only he was good at giving me, (or I am fooling myself to believe), because I almost quit, that's how bad it was.

This whole situation has forced me to re-evaluate things, because I am right back to where I started. I wanted to move on so badly, but I was so miserable at the same time. I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke or vape, I don't drink coffee, I don't even eat sweets - but him that's my addiction, which I have to really face. But I wanted to share today's reading, which really pertains to me today because the one thing I haven't done is beat myself up because I contacted him. This has been my focus:

On April 8th, the Language of Letting Go offers a powerful reminder about self-care:

“I don’t precisely know what you need to do to take care of yourself. But I know you can figure it out. Rest when you’re tired. Take a drink of cold water when you’re thirsty. Call a friend when you’re lonely. Ask God to help when you feel overwhelmed.”

This gentle encouragement reminds us that nurturing ourselves is essential. Sometimes, we forget to prioritize our well-being amidst life’s demands. Here are a few self-care practices to consider:

Rest: When fatigue sets in, honor your body’s need for rest. It’s okay to pause and recharge.

Hydrate: A simple drink of cold water can refresh both body and spirit.

Connect: Reach out to a friend when loneliness creeps in. Human connections are vital.

Seek Divine Guidance: When overwhelmed, turn to a higher power for strength and clarity.

Remember, well-cared-for souls radiate light and become a delight to the Universe. Today, let’s practice loving self-care. 🌟

Hugs from:
eskielover, TheGal

Thanks for this!
eskielover