View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
75 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 09, 2024 at 09:59 AM

@raspberrytorte you are not alone. I used to abuse my seroquel too. From what I understand it's not all that uncommon.

Two things helped me. One I got my dose raised significantly. I talked to my psychiatrist about it, and he concluded that maybe I simply needed the higher dose. So I'm now on a higher dose daily and feel it's working for me and have no need to take more than prescribed. The second thing that helped me is I only get prescribed 2 weeks at a time. this helps me because just visually the amount I have on hand is a lot smaller, so I don't think I have a big supply to take, plus it makes me a lot more conscious of how many pills I have left so that if I do get an urge to take more, it seems like a much bigger deal. Not sure how your insurance works, but if that's an option for you, you might want to consider getting fewer pills at once.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
shovelhead