View Single Post
Have Hope
Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2017
3,640 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 10, 2024 at 03:59 AM

I'm trying to think of how I can afford a move, and it likely won't be for a couple of years.

I wanted to use that money to take a really nice vacation. Now, I think I may put off a vacation.

Once I get my work bonus next March, I plan to pay off debt with a solid chunk of it and pay back money I owe mom.

Then with the next year's bonus, I can take 5K to move and delay a vacation until the following year.

I could do this all so much more easily if I got a roommate. But I had trouble finding one last year - a lot of trouble - my landlord doesn't make it easy by requiring a $250 application fee for a background check and to be added to the lease. A roommate would resolve my financial issues. At the same time, I've had a bad roommate before, and it turned into a nightmare. I cannot deal with another bad roommate - it is risky to bring in just anyone.

The point being - I likely can't move for 2 years and feel very stuck - unless I can borrow the money from mom. Then I could move next year. That would be very helpful and much more ideal, but I don't know if I can borrow that much from her. I will have to talk to her about it and soon.

~4 Non Blondes

Last edited by Have Hope; Apr 10, 2024 at 04:54 AM..
Have Hope is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote