View Single Post
Cantholdmyrage

Member Since Apr 2024
30 hugs
given
Default Apr 10, 2024 at 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
I second the suspicion that the individual behind this is a minor. The minor does not know anything at all about the movies and music watched/listened to by the generation to which their fake persona would belong and thus, to avoid being caught or saying something stupid, they claim affirmatively that they are not in the know about music and movies.

I think the lesson for OP is first of all to use language that is true to reality. If it is just texting to an unknown entity, do not say that you are talking to a man. Texting is not talking. If you had talked to the man, you would have been able to determine roughly his age. You would have known if he has a Midwestern accent or if English is not his first language. You would have been able to assess if he appeared genuine or if he expressed emotiona. There is a formidable wealth of information that can be gleaned by just hearing someone's voice. But texting? It is much easier to be deceived via texts.
“If it is just texting to an unknown entity, do not say that you are talking to a man. Texting is not talking. If you had talked to the man, you would have been able to determine roughly his age.”

Dude, can you like, not judge how I communicate and use my words? It sounds like you’re demonizing text-to-text conversations by stating they are below those that are face-to-face.
Cantholdmyrage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote