Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Apr 10, 2024 at 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantholdmyrage View Post
“If it is just texting to an unknown entity, do not say that you are talking to a man. Texting is not talking. If you had talked to the man, you would have been able to determine roughly his age.”

Dude, can you like, not judge how I communicate and use my words? It sounds like you’re demonizing text-to-text conversations by stating they are below those that are face-to-face.
I would appreciate not being called a dude. I am not a dude.

I am not demonizing text-to-text conversations, but in comparison to face-to-face conversations, yes, they are below because you do not get the tone of voice, the body language, other non-verbal signals and the like. Alluding to the fact that text-to-text is below face-to-face does not equate to demonizing text-to-text. If I say that a child has narrower vocabulary than an adult, I am not demonizing the child.

And I was not even comparing to face-to-face. I was comparing to TALKING (you said you were TALKING) which can be done over the phone in an old-fashioned manner or via WhatsApp, Skype, Messenger, and any other of many messaging applications that allow voice only conversations. You would have learned much more about that person had you been able to talk to them and hear their voice.

Also, in text-to-text, there is more time for the conversation partner to ponder what they state. In voice conversations which do not have to be face-to-face, the reactions are by necessity immediate. It is harder to lie and fake when you do not have time to think about what to say. So, again, you would have learned more about that person had you talked to them for real, not necessarily face-to-face.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
divine1966