View Single Post
eskielover
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 11, 2024 at 12:27 PM

I made a 400 mile round trip to a town along the Ohio River where I got to experience the eclipse 100%. In 2017 our town was in partial so I promised myself I woukd experience full eclipse this time. The people were spread out throughout the little town so it wasn't crowded. Some people had telescopes attached to their cameras. Some just watched & did their best with phone cameras like I did.

It was so cool when it went to total cause everyone was cheering. Watching the progression & the dimming of the light was cool but the effect of the darkness that the total creates was beyond amazing. I was maybe 40 miles into the total zone & during the total 3 minutes you could see a light glow of the area that was not in total.

Best experience ever & so glad I went. Google map was not working so I had to wing it & go back to map reading & following highway signs. It was mostly cloudy on the trip there but it started breaking up just as the eclipse started & was pretty clear that whole time. What an awesome treat Monday was

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, Nammu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, Nammu