nonightowl
Desert Kitty hates titles

Member Since Jul 2008
7,087 hugs
given
Unhappy Apr 12, 2024 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I never felt like this. I’m 105 lbs, 5’ 2” so I’m used to being a diminutive person lol. I work a physical job but some of the heavier tasks I delegate to stronger women or men.

Maybe this is to do with environment? I live in a fairly safe area. It’s not so big it’s anonymous, there’s generally a community vibe still. I walk to work in the early darkness and feel safe. I don’t tend to think of the harm men can do me because it’s not something that has happened I guess. Apart from one rough boyfriend years ago but that was someone I knew, I got away from him thankfully.

But I know other women will have very different experiences.
I’m about 5’ 5” and 126 lbs, no Wonder Woman 🧍 either! I see some women delivering heavy packages and wish could do that.

I’m envious and shocked that you walk alone in the darkness! It’s so different here and I don’t even feel safe during the day! I’m as tense as a coiled snake, alert and aware. Feel I’m looking over my shoulder all the time. Whether driving or walking I stay aware on if I might be followed by someone.

The news had yet another story about random women getting beaten up by men, enough to put them in the hospital. Totally unprovoked attack. I don’t remember if it was night or day but it doesn’t matter. It’s sick and all I can think about when out and about is the harm men CAN do. Not all I know but I’ve never heard of men attacking other men this way.

———
Posted directly on site using iPhone

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated