View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
84 hugs
given
Default Apr 13, 2024 at 07:25 AM

One thing people need to be careful about when looking down on others is that others may be looking down on them.

People get very competitive when it comes to who has more money, the nicer house, better car, fancier clothes, etc. etc. etc. Little do they know that while they may feed their own ego about how "successful" they are, there will ALWAYS be somebody who has a LOT more money, a WAY BIGGER house, a MORE LUXURIOUS car, FAR NICER nicer clothes, etc. etc. etc. Success is very subjective.

Sort of along those lines and I'm simply looking for an excuse to share this story so here goes....

One cold and windy night I was on my way to a football game and I stopped at a gas station. I am a huge car guy but I laugh at all the dudes around here with Corvettes and Camaros because they think they are so great. Well, walking back to my car this Ferrari pulls up. I flipped. The driver gets out. He was young and good-looking. Unable to contain my enthusiasm, I went up to him and told him I loved his car. He then stops what he's doing, shows it to me, takes the top down (remember, the weather was nasty), started the car back up and revved the engine a few times. I was like a kid at Christmas.

My point is is this young man seemingly had the world by the tail yet he was gracious enough to spend a few moments with me and let me drool over his car for a few minutes with zero pompousness and it really made my night. He didn't feel the need to HAVE to show others how much more "successful" he was. I'll never forget that.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Marilyn2016, Tart Cherry Jam

Thanks for this!
Marilyn2016, Tart Cherry Jam