View Single Post
Boringmom

Member Since Mar 2024
4 hugs
given
Default Apr 13, 2024 at 10:35 PM

I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2011. It took two or three years to find the right med combo; and for the last 10 years, everything seemed mostly OK. Things weren’t perfect but I wasn’t on the roller coaster anymore. Then somewhere around six or nine months ago I started getting really depressed and paranoid. I told my new psychiatrist about it and his first reaction was to focus on the depression without giving much consideration to the paranoia. He told me to increase my Wellbutrin and we didn’t change anything with mood stabilizers or antipsychotics. I think this helped with my depression, but I’ve felt more and more unstable. I think the increase in the Wellbutrin has pushed me into a hypomania. I know antidepressants can sometimes trigger episodes, but I just trusted my psychiatrist. Now I am wondering if I should have questioned him more and I really want to go back down to a lower dose of Wellbutrin. I know the responsible thing would be to talk to my psychiatrist first, but i’m not feeling very confident in him right now. Your thoughts?

Hugs from:
Nammu