Student of Life

Member Since Mar 2014
2,911 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2024 at 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bird View Post
I hope you’re able to motivate yourself, you’ll get there eventually!

I am still struggling with work. It’s so physically exhausting it’s like my body is broken afterward. Like my back hurts, my feet hurt and I have blisters on my feet. I haven’t gotten a good chance to rest because I’ve worked the past 4 days in a row including today and I work tomorrow , Monday and Tuesday as well. Then I get one day off. Then back to work Thursday. I really was stupid agreeing to pick up two more extra shifts. I could have had today and this past Thursday off but no I said yes so did a 9 hour shift Thursday and a 4 hour shift today. Because I have a hard time saying no. It’s been wake up go to work come home feel like my body is broken and repeat day after day. Thankfully next week and the week after that I’m only scheduled like 18 hours a week and if they ask me to pick up more shifts I’m gonna say I can’t. Because I did almost 40 hours this week and that’s more than I’ve ever worked and it’s way too much.
40 hour weeks will sneak up on you, in my opinion. Like doing too many of them will be totally contrary to your goal. I don't know, when I worked full-time it was that way. I worked full-time for 3 months and it burned me out so much that I quit almost like instantaneously one day. Anyway, don't take my advice out of fear, but just consider that 40-hour weeks are not necessarily the best thing ever... I know that it's complicated if you also need the money, so that's another consideration. Good luck.

WastingAsparagus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote