LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 14, 2024 at 04:39 PM

You were very productive, Una!

I've been getting much more cleaning done due to the whole mold problem. We have a remediating company coming tomorrow to give an estimate. And H, by chance, just discovered a slowly leaking pipe in the basement (it's in a really weird location in the crawl space, so I'm not surprised the inspector didn't see it). So now we may need to have a plumber out to fix that, too. Sigh...

On the plus side, I attended not one, but two (well, one and three-quarters) Unitarian Universalist services today, thanks to the magic of Zoom and their starting an hour apart. I wasn't into the first one, so bailed before the end (I had my camera off). It felt like some sort of ADHD service, like, "OK, we're going to sing a song for a minute, then there will be a reading that lasts a minute, then we'll show these pictures of nature with music playing for a minute, then..." It felt very disjointed, even though it was all tied to the theme of nature because of Earth Day.

The second one, I liked much more and stayed the whole time. It was focused on the African Ubuntu philosophy, how we're all connected: "“A person is a person through other persons.” Maybe I'll try going in person (no pun intended!) to that one soon. Or maybe take baby steps and do Zoom with my camera on.

Hugs from:
Lemoncake, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna