Thread: Blah!
View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 17, 2024 at 12:34 PM

I have been diagnosed with and suffer from severe depressive disorder and I really hate it. I get hit with a bout of that stuff and lasts sometimes for 2-3 weeks before it abates and gives me a break. My psychiatrist throws Trintellix and Bupropion, with the former being new for me. I was put on Lexapro the first day it was available to be prescribed and was on that for years. I have less of the episodes of depression as I think for me the Trintellix is a better drug, but it still gets me at times.

MY psychiatrist does something else that is odd to me, she has me taking 12mg of Xanax a day. This is a benzodiazepine and can be a depressant itself, I am an M.D. so yeah I know. I feel one is coming on, and I really hate it. What little energy I have it just zaps away. If I try to talk to my psychiatrist about the really high dosage of Xanax I always get the same response, as if she is stuck in a time-loop or something."How can I help you if you will not let me Dr. 16PennyNail." It makes me feel like saying back to her, "I know you are but what am I?" I might just do that someday to see what reaction I get. I feel so bad now days, and I just wanted to gripe about the approaching depression. It's like a gigantic iceberg that I am about to crash into.

Last edited by 16PennyNail; Apr 17, 2024 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: Spelling, (No I have gotten a couple of limbs severed and it has made me really depressed.
16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear