View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
87 hugs
given
Default Apr 17, 2024 at 01:06 PM

I have never had an addiction, which I am aware of, but the closest large metropolitan to me, had a place that medically detoxed folks. It was for low income people without proper medical insurance. When I was still healthy enough to do it, I volunteered 15-20 hours/week there. I will tell you, places like that love to see medical doctors, who will volunteer walk through the doors. I did this for some time, we received extra training and I learned all about AA and NA. For those suffering from addiction, those in your life that still do that, are kind of like a black hole in space. They will hold you and you will never get away from it, under that kind of pull and still being exposed to it. This is one of those times when a person just simply must put themselves and their health at the top of the hierarchy of things, and pull away from them. It can be painful but there are just times in life where YOU MUST COME FIRST TO YOU. Addiction is a disease that each person who has one must deal with it themselves. It is a hard process and dead weight on your back like that makes it virtually impossible. It is not being selfish, it is being prudent and practicing common sense.

16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, Rose76