cool09
Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2012
17 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 17, 2024 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Have you tried white noise to get through the difficult thoughts?
I've tried Guided Imagery and Progressive Relaxation over and over and got nowhere because my irritability/agitation is very overwhelming.
Since I started prozac 8 mths ago my sleep has been incredibly irritable. I go from one bad dream to the next all night (or all day for that matter - my nights and days are completely screwed up since starting prozac - I've been getting up between 12AM-4AM and getting my meals) and I wake up very irritable, totally exhausted and it takes me hrs to get out of bed (if I get out of bed at all).
I was sick before prozac but not this sick. At least my sleep was peaceful the last 2 years (I mean I woke up in a horrible mood which lasted all morning long). Dr stopped prozac 4 mths ago and none of my symptoms have changed!
Saw my Dr today and he said he can't do anything. He says he has to wait for my endocrinology tests in 3 wks before he can decide what to do and I told him I can't wait that long and that the endocrinologist wasn't concerned about me at all last week.
I've been this sick many times throughout my life: 1990--1996, 2017-2018, 2022, etc. In 1993 a year after ECT I spent 3 months in the hospital in bed, the staff ignored me, the decent Dr that I had left the hospital and I was given a Chinese resident who yelled at me the 3rd time I saw him because I told him I was anxious: He threw his book down and yelled "Why do you always say you're anxious???" and then put me on Stelazine which was absolutely horrific. The head nurse yelled at me during that stay and said "I've done enough for you!".
Thanks for some of the suggestions. I'm going to use that tool to try and find a decent therapist somehere.

Hugs from:
Discombobulated