View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 17, 2024 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool09 View Post
I've tried Guided Imagery and Progressive Relaxation over and over and got nowhere because my irritability/agitation is very overwhelming.
Since I started prozac 8 mths ago my sleep has been incredibly irritable.
I am a medical doctor and can give information to you but that is a poor substitute for seeing your Healthcare Provider. Fist thing is to tell your healthcare provider, 'They are not able to do anything,' is the wrong answer. If the Prozac is causing you that kind of trouble, it is a very early generation selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor and those are fraught with issues like this for many. On the battlefield of your healthcare, everyone has to be their own advocate. I don't know your medical history, but if you are a woman Celexa or Trintellix are much better for treating depression. Without all of those crazy side effects, For men Celexa and or its chemical isomer Lexapro are superior and Trintellix works fine there as well.
Bupropion is well, dicey but it works well with many in combination therapy. The sleep is particularly problematic as it would cut into your REM cycles and this will wreak havoc on making you more irritable. There is a blood pressure drug, called Prazosin that is good for controlling nightmares in many, though it did not work for me. Getting the sleep cycle back to normal is the first order of business to cut down on the agitation. If you find the right medication for that, and that lessens but still have a hard time sleeping. Medications such as Atarax (Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride), or a formulation of Ambien for you could be effective. The bad dreams will lower it effectiveness and those must be addressed first. I have written a billion scripts for this stuff, so talk to your doctor and also tell them to remove, "There is nothing I can do to help you", from their darn vocabulary. What did he do it medical school? Play tiddlywinks? These are only suggestions to talk with them about and yes there are things which may be done. I wish you well and good luck to you.

16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
cool09, TheGal