Member Since Feb 2012
17 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 18, 2024 at 06:57 AM

Quote:
Celexa and or its chemical isomer Lexapro are superior and Trintellix
Prazosin that is good for controlling nightmares
I've tried celexa and trintellix and every other anti-depressant, anti-psychotic, mood stabilizer and benzo. Celexa made me very agitated and Lexapro made me extremely agitated after my 1st dose - I took it and went to the supermarket and the agitation hit me like a ton of bricks and I had to get out of there asap! Paxil was the only AD that ever worked and it helped for 5 years and I got off disability and starting working for a law firm then I took a job with USAF in NM. I was constantly criticized and attacked by my superiors because I couldn't hold a conversation and I was doing a lousy job and I started getting very agitated. So I started taking zyprexa and it worked perfectly for 1 wk then stopped working so I quit my job and tried holding a couple VERY simple jobs and I couldn't do it because I was so irritable so I filed bankruptcy, moved back to PA, went back on disability and saw a Dr. who said I was bipolar (I have agitated depression) and put me on every mood stabilizer for 3 yrs with no relief. I've tried paxil and numerous other meds over again the last 10 years with no response. Last few yrs I've been on cymbalta, nortriptyline (which gave me horrible affective flattening and I couldn't feel my emotions), zoloft, pristiq (which made me feel horrible), vraylar, clomipramine, clonodine, adderall (to help me relax but only helped for 2 wks) and others. Also, all the MAOI's and effexor, remron. Saphris and geodon stopped my agitation/anxiety extremely well for a short period then stopped working.

Like I said, I stopped prozac 4 mths ago and none of my symptoms have stopped. Psychiatrist gave me tests in Dec. and my adrenal levels and testosterone are high and he's putting all of his money on an endocrinologist at the moment. Ambien and Trazedone don't work. 20mg Ambien did work but Dr said he's not allowed to prescribe that much to me anymore. He's a very young british guy who's very bright but I think he has a short fuse.

Resident at Johns Hopkins said I have Asberger's and he didn't explain it to me and he never told me how to get help. Finally, a different Hopkins resident sent me to the Autism Clinic at Hopkins and it was the most horrendous healthcare I've ever had (except for NM healthcare). Dr and therapist didn't want to know a thing about me. NeuroPsych test I took few yrs ago said I have avoidant and schizoid personality disorders and no professional wants to talk about it.

I did take prazosin 4 mths ago because I had a couple horrible nightmares, woke up, didn't know where I was and couldn't calm down for 3 hrs. Stopped prazosin and I'm not having nightmares now. They are just very bad dreams and I worry like crazy in my sleep.
I've exercised most of my life (swim, lift weights) and it never helped my mood or energy. I felt fantastic for a few hrs after I swam then I would go back to feeling horrible the rest of the day.
Thank you very much for your input! I truly appreciate it!