View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2024 at 08:55 AM

Well cool, there are certain people that get a really stimulating effect from antidepressants and this can cause, agitation, relestleness that sort of thing. Whenever I had a patient for primary

care, who could/would not see a psychiatrist. I always used. combination therapy of a solid antidepressant and a low dose benzodiazepine. Those medications such as, Xanax, Valium, (I never

prescribed ativan, it's worthless), Klonopin is also a good one. I typically got very good results using that therapeutic combination. This is just my opinion but M.D.s who will not prescribe those

got their medical licenses out of a cracker jack box and are more concerned about liability than their patient's well being. They are only one level more addictive than tylenol, which is not. The

bad side of them is that over a period of time it will take slowly more to reach the same effect, and one must be very careful in titrating off of them. These are my opinions and how I practiced, I

am sure those who won't prescribe benzodiazepines would debate me ardently over it. It is perfectly fine for them to be wrong, when I could practice I was well respected and always had a full

patient roster. Now, of course I cannot treat you over a website, so please discuss this with your healthcare professional. Another good drug for agitation in many is Atarax (Hydroxyzine

Hydrochloride), it is simply an antihistamine it has a very strong sedating effect, it is sort of like benadryl on steroids. This therapy is dicey as a good percentage of the population actually

become more agitated on it. My suggestion would be to read up on benzodiazepines, if you feel that would be right for you, speak with your health care professional about it. They may

suggest Buspar, I would suggest they retire as studies have shown that to be tantamount to worthless as well. Talk to your healthcare provider if you feel that would be right for you.

16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote