View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2024 at 10:11 AM

maybe they already have your records by computer. everything is computerized here in my location.

example I go to my therapist. he takes notes and whatever. then after I leave his office he gets on his computer and logs into the mental / medical health filing data base and starts a file on me. name, address, birthdate, any important information about my diagnosis and treatment plans, medications, allergies, basic short answer stuff they would also keeping a paper file but now keep on their agencies data base, that is only accessible to treatment providers.

then one day down the road I decide to get a new treatment provider. no problem that new treatment provider who also uses online filing database system, types in my name and up pops my previous medical and mental health files other treatment providers have kept on me.

no need for my new treatment provider to start a new file in the data base, no need to no need to ask the client what their birth date is address is, phone number is, what medications you have been on in the past, your previous diagnosis's it's all there at their fingertips thanks to professional filing data bases.

its just like if you went on "google" and did a search for your name all your public information on you will show up.

only on the treatment provider data bases only treatment providers have access to whats in those files on the database they use.

if your new treatment provider is from the same agency as your last one or the new agency uses the same computerized filing system, they dont need to ask you about some things because they already have that info.

Here in the USA everything is computerized now where every agency uses some sort of on computer filing system. - social security, medicaid/ medicare and other insurance companies' physicians, mental health and so on, they all use digital filing systems aka computerized data storing filing system aka computerized data bases.

maybe your location is also computerized filing storage systems too so they dont need to ask the basics anymore.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote