Thread: Text Messaging
View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2024 at 01:38 PM

I am just the opposite of what many are answering, I will text if it is information such as a person would need for directions, maybe a recipe things like that. I am not being crude here, it is just

what I think, I call smart phones dumb phones. Nothing aggravates me much more than to he holding a conversation with someone. When they are either busy texting away, or having to look

up information to understand what you mean. For most of my college career, there were these strange mystical buildings called libraries where one could read books, and assimilate vast

amounts of information. If I am using a cellphone, I have large hands and I fumble around more than I text. Plus I prefer to speak with whom I am talking to. I suppose it as all a matter of

personal taste. This is a true story, I used to teach summer classes at the local state colleges because I enjoyed teaching. I was standing in front of the science building waiting for a break in

traffic and a student came walking along texting away, not paying a bit of attention where they were going. They were going onto the road into the path of a car. Thankfully, I was able to get to

them and pull them back on the sidewalk to safety. Plus people try to text when they are driving, in 2022 3,308 people were killed as they were distracted with cell phones. The devices can be

handy, but you can talk on the as well, and a car bluetooth system is much safer than texting and driving.

16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
eskielover