View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
1,328 hugs
given
Default Apr 19, 2024 at 09:49 PM

I'm so torn about what to do to get/keep my mood stable. I get stable and the hormones come and ruin it all. All week, coworkers talked about how different my behavior was on Monday, I'm still super irritable, and definitely depressed. Heck, for a moment I was even tempted to rear end the person who cut me off as he was driving out of a parking lot...I'm going to take an extra .5 mg risperidone for a few days to see if that helps.

Awhile back, I had written a post saying I was wondering if using birth control to help manage my moods would be worth it. The reason I'm so torn, and really feel like I'm at a loss, is because I feel like I have to choose between either my mental health or adding to a list of physical health stuff with any side effects I'd get. I've also heard that, sometimes, when people start birth control it has a pretty negative impact on their mental health so I'm also worried it might help keep the bipolar symptoms at bay but but make depression and/or anxiety symptoms worse.

What to do...what to do...?

Hugs from:
bizi, Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, raspberrytorte