Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,369 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2024 at 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy01 View Post
I have realized that I feel guilty for getting rid of my stuff from other people like my parents
That can be a powerful reason to feel you have to hang on to things. Sometimes we keep a thing because we feel the peron who gave it would be hurt, if we didn't. That might be reason enough to keep a thing. But ask yourself if that is really true about each item you no longer really want. Usually, it isn't.

I'm very sentimental myself. It can be a struggle to balance that with being practical. Here's how I look at it: Clutter is like rocks in a backpack that I have to lug around. After a certain point, I get tired of "stuff" ruling my life. Every item I own requires a certain amount of maintenance. There is a limit to how much of my time and attention I want to devote to curating stuff. I've got better things to do. So have you.

You have made progress. Keep going, even a little bit at a time. It adds up. You'll like the result. Letting go of something that was given to you does not mean you've stopped loving the giver.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Buffy01