Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 20, 2024 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliviab View Post
When my T redecorated his office (substantially), he sent me photos of it before my session, so I could see it and get a little bit used to it before setting foot in it. He also allowed me to give him a gift, a decorative item that went well with his updated office. He also sent me photos of the old space (because I had neglected to take any). All of those things helped immensely, but it was still a hard transition. I couldn't even sit in his new chairs for a few sessions. I just sat on the floor with my back against the wall, looking at them. (So weird how important the space itself, and the things in it, become.) He was very patient and understanding.

Sorry it was so difficult for you. Did it just take time to adapt, or was there some particular thing you did? I get what you mean about the space being so important. I do wonder if some of this is that my parents are still in the house I grew up in, so I'm not used to change.

I was thinking of asking if he could show me photos of the new space. i get the sense (from asking) that he's going to make the move over a weekend, so even if he could, say, text me a pic of the new office before my first session in it, that would help. Or send a pic of it empty, but I'm not sure that would be as helpful.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote