Member Since Jul 2008
6,875 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Confused Apr 20, 2024 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will19 View Post
snip:

I always want to get going on the cleaning by 9.
I don't like having my routine disrupted either. It's the only thing that keeps me grounded or that I have any control over. An acquaintance who has a routine of calling me weekly had to change the time for that day. We agreed on 2pm or so I thought. She called me at 3 which is late for me; I'm not an afternoon person.

She said sorry and she thought it was 3. I went ahead and talked because if it wasn't for her, nobody would be calling me or talking to me at all. She was originally calling me as a volunteer during Covid lockdowns. And she wanted to continue to call, but I just get a half hour of her time one day a week.

It's kind of like wanting the whole slice of bread but I'm only going to get one bite. Drastic analogy but that's how it feels. I'm ambivalent about the calls, since it's been almost 4 years of talking yet I don't know her. It's so one sided but is it better than nothing? Sometimes I don't know.

Hmmm....looks like some good tips in here.

"Okay, enough photos. I'm a very BUSY Business Kitty, so make an appointment next time."
nonightowl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
3rd rock, LadyShadow, mote.of.soul, T4bbyCat, will19

Thanks for this!
LadyShadow, will19