View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 21, 2024 at 06:18 AM

Well guys, it sounds like you have some really crap supervisors, a truly good supervisor will not let this happen. I have quite a bit of experience in supervision,
First Lieutenant Army Rangers-->Started a medical practice with three other doctors who I was also office manager off for 9 employees--->Supervised a lab doing research (can't remember exactly but approximately 50 employees--->Got promoted to section chief of the D.O.D. side of that National Lab (Over 1,200 employees). Overworking someone in any of those jobs would have been most unwise; people could have been hurt of killed, the dangerous materials handled could have caused an industrial accident. A good supervisors role is to maximize productivity, in a safe and friendly working environment with an open door policy. If someone would have come to me, and said they had too much on them, which happened sometimes. Then it would be my job to be to see that work distribution was changed so they would not be over taxed or too stressed. Not much one can do about the stress in a combat setting, you can't like yell, "Hey you over there please stop lobbing grenades at us please." Part of good supervision is to see to it that work distribution is distributed out fairly, your goal is not to kill your employees. This approach also lowers turnover and will ultimately boost production, because happy employees work circles around disgruntled ones. You have some poorly trained supervisors who need to be thrown in the recycle bin, which is what I would have done,

16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
NatalieJastrow

Thanks for this!
NatalieJastrow