View Single Post
Cantholdmyrage

Member Since Apr 2024
22 hugs
given
Post Apr 21, 2024 at 08:07 AM

Every now and then I stumble into videos on YouTube and TikTok that suggest about a guy sneaking into the girls’ bathroom just for the fun of it, or when a girl ends up in the boys’ bathroom and gets caught by other boys and get lectured on how she didn’t listen.

Why is this even a thing, why is the trope insisting one person is “in the wrong bathroom” used as a joke? Because it isn’t. In fact, it’s actually an insult towards the struggle and oppression that transgender individuals go through. I don’t know what it’s like to be trans since I’m not, but I’m fully aware of the unnecessary discrimination, harassment, and even violence that’s been done to them, especially when regarding bathrooms. And it’s sad.

And it’s not just bathrooms, there’s even clothes they wear that will get them judged and berated. And what about joining specific gender exclusive spaces, those get even worse since they’re seen as not qualified as being a man or a woman.

My full support goes out to all the trans people who experiences this. Trans men are men, trans women are women, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Cantholdmyrage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul, Tart Cherry Jam