View Single Post
Lemoncake
Roses are falling.

Member Since May 2017
10.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 22, 2024 at 02:04 AM

That's a good point about the feeling of powerlessness, Lemon. I think that's a big part of it. And maybe also the safety and security--like I don't feel safe in my own home in some ways, when it's supposed to be a sanctuary of sorts.

Hm, plus knowing that Dr. T is moving his office in June, so I'll lose that place of safety/security and have to learn to feel safe in a new one (which we discussed again briefly Thursday).

I'm not sure she's aware of the mold issue. But she does have seasonal allergies that are acting up, so we've been giving her Zyrtec (allergy med--might have different name in the UK) most days. So that could be related.

Her birthday party was a bit rough today, too, for assorted reasons. Like she spent some of it pretty upset. Or just playing with stuff on mine or H's phone and not wanting to interact with anyone.

I also wonder about hormones playing a role...

——

It sounds like there are multiple factors contributing to your daughter's emotional state. It's understandable that these would all impact her mood and behaviour..

Could you discuss these concerns with her paediatrician to get a better understanding of how to support her through this time. What advice and recommendations has the school given?

Are you still in that support group online?

Last edited by Lemoncake; Apr 22, 2024 at 03:08 AM..
Lemoncake is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight