View Single Post
stahrgeyzer
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2018
5,660 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 24, 2024 at 09:06 AM

Feeling uneasy this morning for lot of reason. One of many is the other thread about DID diagnoses and Ts. Not feeling comfortable discussing it, or anything really with humans. No offense to the person who started the thread or anyone else. Excuse my blabbering here. Guess I'm the blabbering alter. But I'm reminded of how few therapists will touch a DID diagnoses. Even my main T said she won't say a person has or does not have DID, which is why she sent me to a psychologist who has that experience. He told me I have DID, and she told me he made it clear I have DID. She said the DSM5 doesn't say how often a part/alter needs to front before saying it's DID. My DID T said the T has to make that call and that's a hole in the DSM5, which believe it or not is definitely without flaw. In hindsight he was correct with my DID diagnoses. Also people should know that DID is known as the disorder of hiddenness. Alters often grow up in inner world and can be afraid to death of outer world, going through great lengths to remain hidden. Also it's said that a person with DID can have nearly every disorder. One alter can have Schizoaffective disorder while another alter can have BPD while another alter could be bipolar. Also it's said that one reason a person probably should not self diagnose is because they may have a disorder preventing them from thinking well enough. Well, then that seems to disqualify most therapists because I've never seen a more messed up group of people in my entire life.
stahrgeyzer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote