pliepla

Member Since Oct 2019
70 hugs
given
Default Apr 24, 2024 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGal View Post
((( pliepla )))

It's scary for sure... considering what you've been through with your heart.

Talk to your doctor about your concerns and ask to be started on a low dose (they'll probably prescribe a low dose anyway).

I don't have side effects, myself...

Why do you need an antipsychotic in the first place?

I tried antidepressants from all available classes and had no effect with them.

I am currently going through a breakup with an ex who keeps kicking me. I can only avoid her when I stop my hobby from 14 years (stopping is exactly which I have now done, giving in to somebody who started only a year ago). It causes extreme anxiety in all social situations and has made me very depressed. I have lost all contact with the friends I made the last two years (battling my social anxiety in the first place) and tango dancing has been the context where I felt comfortable enough to start a relationship in the first place (and there is a lot of anxiety that I will never get an opportunity with somebody else in the first place).

But so summarize: extreme anxiety in all social contact and depression. And a history of bad experiences with medication that is typically used to treat depression and anxiety.

Maybe I should write a piece about how this relationship turned out (I have before, during one of our temporary breakups, I guess I can build on that)
pliepla is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote