View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 24, 2024 at 01:26 PM

Struggling a bit after today's session with Dr. T (which was virtual because D has what I think/hope is a cold and I'm feeling a bit off). We talked about his office move in June, what will be different, how to help the transition, etc. It will be 25% smaller (so, for example, going from 12 feet long to 9 feet). So not all of his stuff will fit, including a big tree (palm maybe?) he has in the corner, though he said it's sick anyway.

One thing I mentioned as a possible way to help the transition is that maybe I could be the one to put the small-ish glass fish (3 inches long?) I gave him in the new office. And to that, he said he didn't know what would fit yet. So I guess that means he might not be able to find a space for the fish? I understand he'd prioritize stuff he likes better, but it's painful to think he might eliminate something I gave him (even if it had to sit, say, behind something else). I did ask that if it wouldn't fit, I could bring something really tiny to replace it, and he seemed OK with that. But I'm not sure he understands why it would hurt if he had to eliminate the original one?

Like, I get that it might not fit. It was that he seemed very matter-of-fact about it, which I know is how he often is. Rather than acknowledging how he knows it might be hard and maybe saying he'd try to find a spot for it. And perhaps he didn't mean to imply it wouldn't fit--just didn't want to guarantee anything. I'll talk to him about it more next session. It just hurt, especially because it wasn't something I was expecting. I guess at least he'd be willing to let me bring something else tiny? Must begin hunt for world's smallest fish figurine. Or something else--a fish just has shared meaning on multiple levels.

Last edited by LonesomeTonight; Apr 24, 2024 at 02:08 PM.. Reason: "bit tree" to "big tree"
LonesomeTonight is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, LostOnTheTrail, NP_Complete, ScarletPimpernel