Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 24, 2024 at 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkyBooky View Post
Here you go, LT. Grain of Rice Painting by Hasan Kale

But seriously, that would make me sad too if my T couldn't find a place for a small item that I'd given them. Why can't he just put the little fish on a windowsill or on top of some books? It's not like it needs it's own bookshelf. Hopefully he will find a nice spot.

Does he have lots of items acquired over the years that he needs to find space for? Like, lots of client gifts and nicknacks? My T has a lot of that kind of stuff. Mostly gifts from clients I think. Their office is a bit cluttered with it, but it's cosy and I don't mind. They also do sand tray so there are a lot of sand tray figurines scattered about as well.
Thanks, Inky! He does have a lot of items, some from clients, some not, in his office. So I understand his not being able to take them all. Or to maybe get creative in how he displays them. It's pretty cluttered, like you said your T's is. There's a really small sand tray, maybe 5" x 7" with a couple miniature animals in it (not the fish). I imagine your T's is bigger if clients actually do work in it.

It feels like if he doesn't find a spot for it, it's discarding me, in a way, even though I know it's not quite like that. I'm hoping maybe if he can't find space, he'd tell me I could take it back--maybe to keep at home as a sort of connection--and let me know how small something I'd replace it with would have to be.

Those grains of rice paintings were a thing years ago in a tourist place, like "your name on a grain of rice"--not sure they're still a thing? Though it occurred to me that if I put a grain of rice in there, it might get swept up by the cleaning crew. Maybe in a sand tray?
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
InkyBooky, ScarletPimpernel