View Single Post
NatalieJastrow
Veteran Member

Member Since Aug 2020
271 hugs
given
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 05:43 AM

So I had previously mentioned I had my HVAC guy out because my compressor was making a noise. IMHO, he didn't do anything other than listen.

I had him out again and I called him on it -- to wit - he got upset and said there was nothing that could be checked on the compressor. Then he told me I needed a new one. He said it was under warranty. But guess what... after he left it wasn't.

This whole thing sounded like joke. I called up another hvac person and specifically told them I wasn't going to be paying for them to "listen" - but the guy came out and clearly investigated the compressor. He found a wire had burned out and become disconnected. This means every time the compressor started up... it had to really struggle to get power. It also means that the system was pushing off way more watts than it should have -- he had a machine that measured it.

This made me think that my electric bill has been super high lately. Probably why.

Well he fixed it and the noise went away.

Grrr I paid for the other HVAC people to "service" my heater in November. What service did they do?

So I still have the bill from the other HVAC Place. Should I just not pay it or tell management. I have had issues with management before ... they are not receptive to my telling them they suck.
NatalieJastrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote