View Single Post
Revenge Tour

Member Since Apr 2023
87 hugs
given
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 06:25 AM

Alright, just look the other way if you don't want to hear an old fogey's perspective. I don't even know where to begin with this one....

I remember:
1. Actual pedal bikes.
2. Playing outside until dark.
3. Playing King of the Mountain at recess.
4. Playing tackle football at recess.
5. Playing on monkey bars over concrete.
6. Climbing the rope in gym class and actually being encouraged to touch the top beam in the rafter and get your name put on the "Tarzan Club".
7. Cutting grass for money.
8. Wearing jeans and nylon shirts as our baseball uniforms (because travel ball and the ridiculous expenses that go with it were not even around then).
9. Actually fearing my parents, teachers, and cops.
10. Taking responsibility for my screw-ups instead of blaming it on a rough childhood, ADHD, or peanut allergies.
11. Eating dinner together as a family and if you didn't like what mom served, too bad.
12. Actually riding the bus to school.
13. Respecting other people's property.
14. Suffering through the trauma of having to walk to the TV to change the channel.
15. Walking the railroad tracks. If a train came, you got in the ditch.
16. Playing Jarts.
17. Being Evel Knievel and convincing myself, that yes, I CAN jump over four of my friends on my bike using this crappy ramp that I built.
18. Playing baseball and not being decked out in padding from head to toe like a hockey goalie.
19. Riding in the bed of a truck was a treat.
20. Swimming right after we ate.
21. Cars without backup cameras, blind spot detectors, or lane assist technology. Drivers actually paid attention.
22. Taking pride in my 1976 Buick Regal (it was a beater) because I bought it at 16.
23. If two kids had a beef, they'd duke it out. Nobody pulled a gun.
24. A student smoking section in high school. PS - I'm NOT encouraging smoking. I just laugh that there was such a thing once-upon-a-time.
25. Standing up for others instead of fearing the consequences.

There are more but these came to mind pretty quickly. Thanks for the wonderful memories.
Revenge Tour is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
lizardlady, TheGal

Thanks for this!
Brokenbone, Discombobulated, LadyShadow, lizardlady, mar dhea, TheGal, unaluna, unsure123