View Single Post
delightful

Member Since Feb 2020
13 hugs
given
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 09:04 AM

Re: the commas. I'm tempted to spell it comas. If you remember, the same problems come up every time I publish. Anyway, I wasn't writing about Roy. Grammarly's point was that if you need the name "Roy" to explain whom you are talking about, leave the commas out. If not, use commas. Example: I like Roy, the master of gardening . . . I didn't even think of the two ways the sentence could be construed. Anyway. I want to say, "who cares?" I don't but I have to get it right so . . .
The teeth saga continues. Stay tuned for gory details. Surgery coming up.
On a very girly note - I just volunteered to do flower arrangement for our church. (two vases - one for each side of the altar.) I get to do the one for May 5th (mainly because I asked for it) I wanted Cinco de Mayo because I have a lot of succulents in my yard that have been asking for attention. I have two small bowls with Hispanic designs, The succulents will fill the bowls, swirl down and the the side, and they'll be accented by white, red, and magenta flowers from succulents. (except for the red ones - don't tell.) I love making things like that.
I want, so badly, to be done with editing. I just rewrote a paragraph, changing it from "he had nightmares and hallucinations . . ." to Hoards of brooding Arabs with scymetars were closing in on him . . .
I'm not writing the whole thing - too long . But that also gave me a dose of happy.
Saga of stiff shoulder continues.

Good wishes to you all. R and SPG, may you thrive. R, may your washing machine thrive as well. May I thrive along with you.
delightful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote