View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,045 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 11:42 AM

Well, I know that there has been some discussion about reviving older threads. I guess that's what I'm doing here, but it's an update, so it didn't make much sense to start a new one.

---------------------

Anyways, that woman has never reached out to me again! Clearly, she only wanted contact with me for the favor I could have provided. I feel even better about my decision after that.

Now, another "blast from the past" has done something similar. I knew her from an online forum and I met her in person once when she was visiting my country. That visit was years ago and the last time I'd had any contact with her was 3-4 years ago.

She has some friend here that she can't get in touch with, I guess she only is connected with her currently through Facebook (no phone or email) and the woman isn't responding to messages. She wants me to somehow help track her down. I'm not even sure how I'd go about that. I did a quick Google search and didn't find anything beyond the Facebook page. We don't really have phone books here these days, like pretty much everywhere, and the online phone directories are useless.

She went on describing that the woman lives in the capital city in a more upscale area in an older apartment building. I mean, how is that information going to help? There are many areas like that. Am I supposed to wander around every such neighborhood with a picture of her to see if I come across anyone that looks like her? She doesn't even know what municipality the woman lives in. The capital has 32 separate municipalities. Plus, I moved out of the capital over five years ago, and she knows that.

What can I say, it was kind of annoying. As if I don't have enough other things going on in my life?

After rambling on and on in her message, at the end she FINALLY added a quick how are you doing? It's so transparent, like the other person, she only contacted me for the help she thought I could provide.
rechu is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Discombobulated