View Single Post
Tart Cherry Jam
Magnate

Member Since Mar 2021
1,205 hugs
given
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 04:40 PM

I had the weirdest experience.

I slept well, waking up twice to pee which is typical and going back to bed. Woke up, thinking it was for the whole day ahead, at about 6:45 AM. Was hungry so ate instead of doing dental hygiene. Then realized I still was sleepy so took a short nap, setting the alarm to 7:45AM to make it to my 8AM meeting virtually. TWoke up with the alarm but was tired, even though Oura registered a high score of 80 for sleep and even 88 for readiness, out of 100. I took Ritalin.

Was falling asleep during that meeting, and since I was only an optional invitee, excused myself and dropped off about after about 20 minutes. Took another nap and at 8:50 AM realized that the inside of my head was spinning, a side effect of Ritalin that I had experienced before once after taking a double dose. It was spinning so bad that attempts to get up from the bed were fruitless. It was getting to the point of my being a fall risk. I then sent a message saying that I would not be able to make it to my 9AM meeting and asked to record it for me. Also said that I would later share my updates planned for that meeting in messaging. And, fell asleep.

Woke up at 11:30 AM. Still dizzy. Waited until I was able to get up from the bed. Still somewhat dizzy but not a fall risk anymore.

Since then, I have been gradually getting back to normal and from now till the evening I will work to catch up with everything I missed at work.

This is very disappointing: Ritalin did not produce the desired effect and instead produced an adverse effect.

Somehow it is difficult to win this game.

Geodon 40 mg
Seroquel 75 mg
Lybalvi 5 mg as a PRN

Gabapentin 1200 mg, Vitamin B-complex (against extrapyramidal side effects)

Long term side effects from medications some of them discontinued:
- hypothyroidism
- obesity

Suspected narcolepsy

Treated with Ritalin 5mg
Tart Cherry Jam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LadyShadow, SquarePegGuy