Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncake View Post
It sounds like the glass fish you gave Dr. T holds symbolic significance for you. representing your connection and the therapeutic relationship itself. The prospect of it not finding a place in his new office may trigger feelings of rejection or a sense of loss.

Dr. T's response, while perhaps unintentionally dismissive or matter-of-fact, could be about his own boundaries and priorities. the office often serves as a transitional space for both. Dr. T's focus on logistical considerations like space constraints may reflect his need to establish a professional environment, even if it comes at the expense of some emotional resonance for you.

Your desire for acknowledgment and validation from Dr. T regarding the significance of the glass fish suggests a longing for affirmation and recognition of your contributions to the therapeutic process.
Yes, you seem to have basically nailed both of our perspectives. Unfortunately, they're at odds. I did email him last night about it, but his response wasn't too helpful. Just that he'll have to reduce some items in his office, so he doesn't know yet if the fish will fit or not. That it's not personal. And that I...

OK, I'm just going to post his reply. But it didn't make me feel better. Here you go (I'd mentioned that my head understood it wasn't personal, but that emotions don't listen to logic--he's referencing that).

"To clarify, I have no idea what will or will not end up being placed in my new office or where. I just know that the space is smaller and I am already at (or past) the threshold of clutter to make my current office comfortable and easy to keep clean. I am likely to cut as much as 35%-50% of the nick-nacks (sp?).

I’d imagine that this feels like a rejection and perhaps another abandonment. I hope that you can listen to your head that this is not personal, nor is the decision already made. I am glad to talk about this more on Friday as well."

Would be nice if he at least said he was sorry it was difficult or something. I don't even feel like I want to talk to him tomorrow. I hate how this is affecting me so much.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal, NP_Complete