Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrademoomoo View Post
Your second paragraph contains a bit of a leap. Whilst he is not paying attention to your process, he is not discounting you as a whole. Having said that, maybe the discarding of the fish highlights the inherent fragility in all therapy and therapeutic relationships. Who knew one little fish could say so much? Oooo, also I wonder which part of you is represented by the fish.
Yeah, I know it's a leap. And I know he's not discarding me. I think you're right though that it highlights the fragility of therapeutic relationships.

I do think some of this is about not having control, too. Like, the move is out of my control. He's had a few random days off lately,, without explanation of course. The fish maybe felt like some tiny area where I had control.

It feels like I'm a kid and my parents are moving, except that I never actually had that experience as a kid (which I know is rare). This is definitely some child part of me--perhaps what's represented by the fish?--but he doesn't work with that sort of thing at all.

I am thinking about trying to schedule a session with his backup, R, as she's good at working with that sort of thing (and will be moving, too). Dr. T would likely be fine with it, but I'll ask tomorrow. More to help process the move and why it's so hard for me than about the fish.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ArtieTheSequal