View Single Post
LonesomeTonight
Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.2k hugs
given
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 07:48 PM

I think it depends. I (cis female, mostly hetero) think ex-T (cis-female, hetero) called me "honey" a couple times, but she's also my mom's age, so I think it was in a maternal sense. And it's how some people talk (like my late grandmother would call everyone "hon"). Actually, one time, my current T (cis-male, hetero) one time said, "I'm a lot older than you are, honey," and it bothered me, but more because, first, he's only 7 years older, and second, the "honey" felt patronizing. I called him out on it over email, and he apologized. He's never used that again.

The glasses being "handsome"--I'm not sure? I could definitely see that feeling weird (I assume the counter would be someone saying my glasses or shirt were "pretty"). My T has commented on clothing before, but it's been something like, "I like that shirt," or "Are those new shoes?" Nothing like, "That looks good on you" or "your new haircut looks pretty." It could be your T was trying to compliment your glasses and just came across awkwardly. If it bothers you though, I'd consider saying something.