Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 25, 2024 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopdog View Post
You mean him saying he is sorry that it is difficult for you? Does he usually do that for things that are his to handle but that you have some emotional thing about? If so, then maybe you all could talk about the change.

I would not, apologize for the re-allotment of knick knack space in my own office. I think women are trained to apologize all the time for stuff they are not sorry for - and I don't think men are. I admit I don't like people giving me stuff to put in my office (and students try) but I stick it on the shelf and eventually throw it away - I never remember who gave it to me. Right now I have a tiny armadillo and a ceramic pineapple on my book shelf in my office for reasons that are a complete mystery to me at this point. It sounds like a good idea to talk to the other one rather than keep going on to the first guy about it.
He does tend to say "I'm sorry this is so difficult" or something like that. Good thought on talking about the change.

"The Armadillo and the Pineapple" sounds like either a novel or a country song. Now I'm curious as to where they came from. I have some items like that.

I imagine he has some items in his office (he has a *lot* of stuff) are similar in that he isn't sure how he acquired them. I guess the difference to me here is that he knows how he acquired the fish, and I'm sitting in front of him telling him that it's important to me. To me, that should take priority over some random tchotchke (sp?) with origin unknown that has been sitting on a shelf for 10 years.

I also know I have more of an attachment to objects than many or possibly even most people. Exhibit: my house. And I'd be more likely to keep something is someone gave it to me (though I've gotten better at letting go of that sort of thing). So if that's not a thing for him, maybe he just doesn't understand why it's important? I think R would get it.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote