Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2019
11.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2024 at 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Cherry Jam View Post
I recommend buying Voltaren gel if you expect these occasions to recur. I do not know if it is OTC in Britain; it is in the US.

It is a topical NSAID. Much safer than taking oral NSAIDs that can wreak havoc (GI issues).

In the past I had foot stress fractures twice from suddenly walking for a very long time, much longer than usual, and in my case it was also in wrong shoes. Maybe with the right shoes it is not an issue. But now, if I walk much more than usual, I rub Voltaren gel into my feet before going to bed and they are fine next morning.

I do not think such long walks are a problem if they are regular and your feet are used to it, but when it is a sudden change, it might be hard on your feet.
Thanks my feet are okay, I don’t normally walk that distance these days, mostly for time reasons but it seems I can still do it. I do like my chunky boots and think they must be pretty supportive.

Today I did just over 12,000 so more typical. That was just short to and fro trips. As my grandma used to say one of these days I’ll meet myself coming back
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna

Thanks for this!
Tart Cherry Jam