xRavenx
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2016
8,141 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 26, 2024 at 01:17 PM

Hi,
My pdoc who I had for a few years left the practice. I was re-assigned after she left and had a couple of meetings with the new pdoc. I am on a Lamictal, Klonopin as needed, Seroquel, Latuda. Lately, I've been pretty much at baseline and want to keep my meds the same. I did not give her any alarming information, but somehow she keeps requesting that I try to increase my medications. I am very sensitive to meds. She has also tried to push buspirone on me, despite me telling her that I had a bad reaction to that. She also said she does not want me to be "afraid of SSRIs"..... this was offensive to me since I think anyone would be afraid of them after 2 psychotic/manic episodes triggered by SSRIS that I endured.

I tried advocating for myself, and she did keep things the same. But I notice it feels like a battle each time I meet with her. Should I start looking for someone else?

It is hard starting over, and I wish I had a good recommendation. This past med visit had me feeling as if I am not being heard.
xRavenx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, June08, LadyShadow, raspberrytorte, Travelinglady