given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 27, 2024 at 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDMercer View Post
I’m ok. I’m struggling with rumination.

Trying to be more hopeful and positive

Just trying to become a better person I guess
I call it "sorting it all out, connecting the dots, putting all the pieces together". I also call that "the learning from experience" process so life can be better & we can be aware & act against red flags we previously ignored or logiced away.

This helps us stand strong if anyone challenges our stand because after all tge processing, we "know that we know" what we went through & how to better avoid a similar situation in the future. We know what kind of people not to even allow to enter into our life in the future.

It does get better but it takes time. I left my marriage in 2007 & I finally felt ok with the therapy & processing by 2018 but I kept seeing my T monthly till 2020 just in case something came up I needed someone who really knew me to talk through a rough spot. Been good since then even with the legal crap I am still dealing with because of him.

Don't beat yourself up over things like this. Like my T told me many times, my response is normal for what I went through & needed to process & learn from it. All part of tge journey in recovering

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
Open Eyes