View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
562 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2024 at 11:42 PM

Yesterday and today have involved a lot of emotions, both good and hard. Yesterday, I had to cross my info off of prescription labels of expired meds I turned in today as part of a expired/unwanted meds collection day. While doing this, I came across the prozac bottle I was prescribed when I started seeing my first pdoc-this med triggered a mixed state that led to my official diagnosis. I decided to keep the empty bottle since that med led to such a life changing moment in my life. I'm actually grateful it triggered an episode so I could get the diagnosis I needed/thought I might have.

Today, one of my best friends got married! Her, and her family, mean the world to me because they take me in on Thanksgiving and Easter if I have nowhere to go. The wedding ended up being a reunion of some of us who no longer live near each other but all met around the same time 6 years ago. I was even fortunate enough to get to sit at the same table as my mentor and as a family of 4 I'm close too (they both live in different states than me now). I had a lot of gratitude for having everyone together in one place, a ton of social anxiety/annoyance with myself about this, sadness about the life I wish we still all had together in the same city, and gratitude for these people in general.

I sure am lucky to have all of these people in my life, even though I don't regularly talk to everyone that was part of the reunion. I wouldn't be the person I am today without them.

Hugs from:
JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow, MuddyBoots, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna