View Single Post
splitimage
Community Support Team

Member Since Mar 2006
76 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2024 at 07:04 AM

So I broke my main pair of glasses a few months ago, and have been wearing my backup pair while I save up the money to buy a new pair. The backup pair broke last night, leaving me with no glasses. This is a bit critical as I can barely see without them. So out came the duct tape, and I taped my main pair together - they'd snapped in two on the nose bridge. Not a perfect solution but it'll work.
I'll call my Dr's office tomorrow and get them to email me a new prescription and I'll get into lenscrafters Tues. or Wed. at the latest. I really hope they'll be able to expedite the order. I'll have to ask my brother for money to cover half the cost, and I'll pay him back over the next several months.

So of course now I look like a dork. I wouldn't care except I have to do a presentation at my psych hospital tomorrow afternoon.
I've been wearing glasses since I was 7 and I'm 55 now, and this is the first time I've been caught with no glasses, so I guess maybe I was due.

"I danced in the morning when the world was begun. I danced in the moon and the stars and the sun". From my favourite hymn.

"If you see the wonder in a fairy tale, you can take the future even if you fail." Abba

splitimage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated, eskielover, lizardlady, mar dhea, Nammu, unaluna