Always in This Twilight

Member Since Feb 2015
75.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 28, 2024 at 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtleyWilkins View Post
LT, why don’t you take possession of the fish? Use it as your ownership of a piece of the old office. Transitional object perhaps.

My therapist moved offices in the middle of things. Honestly, it wasn’t that difficult to adjust to. I remember the first session in the new office he took me on a tour (the new office had room for more therapists, etc.) The only odd thing was for that first session there, his personal office wasn’t quite ready, so we used someone else’s. But his new office was fine.

Remember, he has to make it his own, and it may be configured a bit differently so things won’t be physically exactly the same.That’s to be expected.

But bottom line, the most important thing for me was that HE was the same. Our work continued. Our relationship was exactly the same. Sometimes it is important to remember what parts of that relationship are most important.

Some things change, but the foundation of your work will remain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay14 View Post
This fish is your transitional object of f you want it.. Seems to solve.

Thanks for the comments. I know at first, when I replied to Scarlet, I said that could be a good idea. But now I'm wondering if it might just make me feel sad? I think it depends on how it would happen and how other discussions go about this. Like if it's more, "Fine, I'll just take it so you don't have to deal with it," that won't feel good. Or if he says, "Yeah, I can't fit it. Do you want it back?" I mean, it would depend on the context for that second one--it might feel totally fine if we have a better discussion about it. If I feel understood.

If I felt better about our conversations and proposed it myself--or if he suggested it--then it might feel different. I'm not sure if that makes sense, what the difference would be. Right now, I just know I don't feel good about things. And taking it back and sitting it on a shelf would currently remind me of those feelings. But maybe I'll feel differently in a month or 6 weeks, when the move would be.

Last edited by LonesomeTonight; Apr 28, 2024 at 09:31 AM.. Reason: Added: I mean, it would depend on the context for that second one--it might feel totally fine if we have a better discussion about it. If I feel understood.
LonesomeTonight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LostOnTheTrail, ScarletPimpernel