Monster on the Hill

Member Since Sep 2020
5,069 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 29, 2024 at 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesyka View Post
Omg, sorry to hear that! How do you afford to eat? Do you get EBT or food from a foodbank?

Advertise your services on Nextdoor.com & Craigslist.
I go to places like the soup kitchen and churches with similar meals generally. When I'm amicable, some of the folks I've met that are pretty forgiving (for now) and have helped me out. A couple times people have even let me take full range of the kitchen because, as word is, I can take the assortment of groceries you have left over when you really need to go food shopping, but don't and make a unique meal you'd never see in a restaurant that you even want to eat.

I signed up for Nextdoor. This site is incredibly difficult to use, asked for my permission for a bunch of access to my email three times, and it's just people saying "BED BATH AND BEYOND IS CLOSING OMG" and "$3000/mo 2 bedroom for rent" and "Dear trick-or-treaters, beware the bobcats." I'm trying to figure out how to get it to show most recent posts because the one at the top is from early March.
edit: got tf off that site. It's just people posting about dead teachers, putting their shoes for sale (and not getting any responses), and saying "I'll shovel your driveway"... dude, we haven't had a snow worthy of shoveling in months and it won't even drop below freezing probably until October. I couldn't even think of a way to advertise services for the area without feeling like I'm going to wind up shooting in a basement with someone who's going to violate me when I pass out. Paranoid? Maybe. But I'd rather not wind up in a state where I want to get myself in that situation and have yet another means to do it.

HAHA, I found a freelance writing job on Craigslist that supposedly only hires the best of the best, but on the page it says "our clinte is constantly evolving."

Last edited by MuddyBoots; Apr 29, 2024 at 05:03 PM..
MuddyBoots is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
unaluna