View Single Post
lowselfesteem92

Member Since Jul 2011
Smile Apr 29, 2024 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molinit View Post
In an ideal world, nobody should have a hostile work environment, but the truth is many of them are. So I will give you some hard-won advice.

The rude colleague needs to be addressed in the context of that particular work environment. How is that colleague regarded by your employer apart from the issue you are experiencing with them? Who do they know or are "friends" with? Is your immediate supervisor showing any favoritism toward the rude colleague?

Also, if the colleague (apart from your issue) seems to have normal relationships with your supervisor and other colleagues, have you approached your supervisor for advice on creating a better working relationship with them?

If not, try that first.

However - if this rude colleague seems to be a "favorite" or happens to know or be related to someone in a more powerful position, leave it alone. Learn to cope and minimize the encounters you have with this person.

Thank you both so much for your advice. It is both comforting and makes sense. I have minimised encounters and conversations with this colleague. The only time I will address them is when I run meetings. It’s hard not to notice differential treatment but I am aiming to just do the best job I can and focus on my work.
lowselfesteem92 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote