View Single Post
16PennyNail

Member Since Mar 2024
55 hugs
given
Default Apr 30, 2024 at 12:10 AM

I lived in a suburb of Chicago, and yes, there are some dangerous places in the city. Yet there are so many marvelous things as well, there is that strange city art structure everyone just calls, "The Bean,". There is the fantastic Willis Tower, which often throws me as it used to have quite a different name, it is one of the taller buildings in the world. There is the American Writers

Museum, The Museum of Science of Industry of Chicago, one of my favorites. The Art Institute of Chicago, The Institute for the Study of Ancient Cultures Museum. The Field Museum, wonderful, The Museum of Contemporary Art, The National Museum of Mexican Art. Oh, it goes on and on, my favorite place to eat is always Bubba Gump's Shrimp Shack. Then one can always

have a couple of hot dogs at a baseball game. Now I am in the sicks, I enjoy the peace and quiet and I lost something there that is too painful of a reminder to me. I can't help but mention but in Wheaton is one of the main places the Pyrex Glass Company makes their fabulous glassware, near and dear to anyone who has ever been in a scientific labs heart. I have traveled all over the

world in my time, been on every continent but Australia, planned to do that but I am just not healthy enough to. All you will find in every place you go are simply people, with all of our complexities and nuances. Sure there are different languages, accents, regional cultures, but at the base it is always just people. Everyone has hopes and dreams, wants the best for their

children (In most cases), I came to where I am now, Tennessee when I was nearly six and the second friend I made was an African American kid. It was so unfortunate, he had a genetic heart defect from birth, that was missed. He was at the local sports building in the small town nearby and fell dead of a Myocardial Infarction (Heart Attack) when he was only 19 years old. I was the

first white kid to ever spend the night at his house, and his parents treated me like I was something made of fragile glass, they were such wonderful people. Can you imagine what a strange night that was for them? When I first came here I had a British accent, I was born in Europe my father was career Air Force, no need to call ICE, lol, I was born on an airbase under the joint

control of the UK and the United States, so I am a legal citizen of two worlds. I think of myself as an American, I went to school here, have lived here. fought for our military, but there I could go there anytime. My mum was British, and an M.D. like me, but she followed me to the States and was in my life till just two and a half years ago. So, yeah, as they say here folks is just folks, and I lost my British accent a long time ago. The only thing supreme I am aware of on this ball of mud is a pizza, for those that think differently, they miss out on a great deal.

16PennyNail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Cantholdmyrage, unaluna

Thanks for this!
unaluna