View Single Post
June08

Member Since Sep 2022
566 hugs
given
Default May 02, 2024 at 10:17 PM

I had a really, really good appointment with my pdoc today. He agrees that using hormones to help prevent fluctuations/control my bipolar symptoms is a good idea so I messaged my pcp tonight to see if I can get this process started. My pdoc doesn't prescribe them because it's out of his specialty.

We also had a good talk about the OCD type intrusive thoughts I get, and the loops my brain gets on. He pointed out how these types of things are typically only treated when severe and tend to be treated with SSRIs so that's a no go anyway. Which, is fine with me because I wasn't looking for more meds, I just want to try to find ways to get this stuff under control. I'll talk with my current counselor about her thoughts about how to get help with this. My pdoc also gave me a card to a practice I can reach out to if I want. The trick will be finding somewhere that doesn't have a HUGE waitlist and figuring out if, insurance wise, I can somehow see someone for these OCD type thoughts for a bit and then return to my current therapist when I'm ready to return to trauma therapy.

Hugs from:
Crazy Hitch, JaneOnceMore, LadyShadow, MuddyBoots, raspberrytorte